Web Hosting Features
File Transfer Protocol (FTP) is used as software standard for transferring computer files between machines with widely different operating systems. In our hosting packages, you can use any FTP based client to upload data / content to the web space this functionality comes in your hosting package.
some of the hosting companies which restrict the amount of data that you can upload and download on a daily basis, with ALL our hosting packages of System Space – you gets the ability to upload and download data 24×7, unlimited number of times. And as a Add-on to this, you get the ability to add up to 100 FTP users in C-panel/ Plesk. Using the FTP Manager in the hosting control panel you can do all of the following actions:-
- Add / Delete FTP Users
- Restrict-the-Access of a FTP User to a particular folder
- Set Disk Quota Limitations on a per FTP User Basis
- Change Passwords
- Suspend / unsuspended access of FTP Users
You also get the complete log of access by each user i.e. you can find out which FTP user connected from which IP Address, at what time, and uploaded / modified / deleted all file.
Web Traffic Reporting
A effective web traffic reporting tool is added within your control panel. This tool generates primarily web based reports that offer insightful information about the customers/ users visiting your , such as, the number of unique visitors, no. of hits, avg duration spent by each user on your site, most viewed entry and exit pages, search engines, key-phrases and keywords used to find your site etc.
By using the Web Statistics Manager in the control panel :
- you get the ability to password protection on your web based traffic reports to ensure that only authorised people have access to this data
- you gets the function of automatically delete web log files after generating the web based traffic reports to save disk space
- get the ability to disable the generation of the web traffic reports
- can customize your web traffic reports by setting the following parameters
- Skip Hosts – Specify hosts / IP addresses from which all data (hits/page views etc), should not be taken into consideration while generating statistics
- Skip Files – Specify filenames / directories which should be ignored while generating statistics
- Only Files – This is the opposite of the ‘Skip Files’ option. The option is used to include in stats, only accesses to URLs that match the specified filenames / directories
- Not Page List – List of file extensions which must be counted as ‘Hit only’ and not as a ‘Page View’
Free Domain Aliases
Domain aliases allows you to point or redirect your multiple domain names to the same web hosting where your files are hosted e.g. lets suppose you have mytest.com was the primary domain name for your hosting package and you also wants to point mytest.net (additional TLDs) or mytests.com (misspellings) or someothername.com (additional brandnames) to the same hosting package – then you would specify these additional domain names as domain aliases.
Your Own Backup Policy Manager
Backup Manager provides you comprehensive and cost effective protection by allowing you to define flexible backup policies that will protect their critical data. Our web-based backup policy manager provides an easy to use only one-step wizard to add each policy. You just needs to follow the steps mentioned below:
- specify the number of backup files to keep – backup archives are rotated ‘no of backlogs’ times before being deleted
- specify the frequency of the backup – / weekly or monthly
- select the directory for which the policy is being created – this could be the entire directory, a sub-folder or the database directory – depending on what critical data you wants to backup
You can add policies as many as you can. This allows you to creative structure any kind of backup policy that you require.
For e.g. you can add one policy which takes a backup of the entire on a daily basis, with five backlogs. Another policy, which takes a backup of the entire on a weekly basis, with four backlogs, and yet another policy which takes a backup of the entire on a monthly basis, with six backlogs.
With the above mentioned set of policies, you can create a comprehensive backup plan with multiple restore points. You can also roll back to a point in the last 5 days, or restore a backup which was taken every week , or a backup that was taken monthly.
Raw Log Files
Raw log files are available with each hosting package in their log folder. These files consist some of the important information like:
- Web Log Files: These files are generated to record all requests on web server. Primarily used by statistics software to generate reports on essential marketing metrics for such as the no. of visitors, pages viewed, visit duration, referring’s, search engines, key phrases and keywords used to find your site, visitor’s computer configurations etc.
- FTP Log Files: Generated by the FTP server to record all logins, uploads and downloads made to your hosting package.
- Mail Log Files: Generated by the mail server to record all your emails sent using code on the server.
Log Files Manager provides extremely flexible options to manage these raw log files. All options can be configured separately for Web, FTP and Mail Log files. User can disable a particular type of logging in order to save disk space. If user chooses to enable logging, then system allows the user to specify log rotation options to delete older log-entries automatically so that the log files do not continue to increasing in size indefinitely. No. of backlogs can be specify to maintain for each type of log file, set to max log file size and set log rotation frequency (daily/weekly/monthly).
Customizable Error Pages
When a visitor attempts to connect to a web-site and an HTTP error occurs, then a generic message is sent back to the visitor’s browser with a brief description of what happened during the attempt to establish a connection. For ex, if a visitor attempts to connect to a page that no longer exists on the web-site, then HTTP error will be returned in the form of an HTML page that contains the statement “The requested URL was not found on this server.
You can customize the following HTTP errors:
- 401 – Authorization Failed
- 403 – Permission Denied
- 404 – File / Resource Not Found
- 406 – Resource Not Acceptable
- 500 – Internal Error
You can use the “Custom Errors Pages” section of the Control Panel to customize HTTP errors that are sent to clients when web server errors occur.
Domain Access with and without “www”
Our web and email servers are configured to allow domain access with and without the “www.” in front of the domain name like http://www.testdomain.com and http://testdomain.com will both work perfectly.
SSL Secure Server Manager
Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology protects data by creating a secure connection between a client and a server using encryption enabled by a server’s SSL Certificate. SSL is required if your is an E-commerce (or) has any secure Login areas (or) requires any secure pages. The SSL Manager in the control panel allows you to manage your CSR’s (certificate signing requests), public and private keys, SSL certificates provided by your CA and self-signed certificates generated by the server.
Password Protect your Directories
Directory Protection is an easy-to-use web based tool included in the control panel that allows you to create as many password protected areas as you want without any programming. This allows you to store sensitive material online and give browser based access to such content / data to authorized users only. A password dialogue box will automatically popup in the browser when an attempt is made to access the password protected directory or any of its sub-directories.
Microsoft® FrontPage® Manager
FrontPage is a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) HTML editor and web site administrations tool from Microsoft. FrontPage Manager allows you to enable/disable support for FrontPage Server Extensions by your own. Enabling front-page extensions allows you to directly publish your FrontPage itself, instead use a separate FTP Based Client. Also, if you are using certain components provided by FrontPage, you would need the extensions to be enabled for these components to function correctly.
Private Folder for Storing Sensitive Data
Private folder is included with every hosting package, allows you to store data / files securely and quickly via FTP. This folder is outside your web directory i.e. not directly exposed on the internet via HTTP and has special security permissions so no one can access, other than the FTP User’s specified by you, has read or write access to the data in this folder. By creating sub-folders within this private folder and restricting Access of FTP Users to particular sub-folders, you can share files securely and reduce or eliminate the need to copy data on disks for overnight delivery, thus saving both time and money. Our FTP servers allow you to resume partial transfers where they left off, so even if you get disconnected or end a session, you can always reconnect and resume the transfer where you left off at a later date or time.
Unlimited Web Forwarding Rules
Redirect Manager in the hosting control panel gives you the ability to forward requests for any local folder, sub-folder, file to another domain name, URL, or IP address seamlessly. For ex. if you want http://www.testdomainname.com/corp to redirect to http://www.someotherdomain.com, then you can add a rule for the same. Easy-to-use Redirect Manager allows you to add as many as you can web forwarding rules.